The pressure to forgive…..
Sarah Lee Dennis experienced a sudden betrayal trauma, which caused Post-traumatic stress disorder for several years. “Forgive, let go and move on” all the self-help books said. The reality was not as easy as it sounded. In fact, no matter how hard she worked on forgiveness it remained an impossible goal. She was simply stuck, why couldn’t she just “forgive”? What was wrong?
Sarah Lee Dennis talks about her 2 year quest to forgive, and Premature Forgiveness
- Complex PTSD (traumadissociation.com)
- Dissociative Identity Disorder (traumadissociation.com)
- Trauma is Curable: My letter to the NYTimes(traumatherapy.typepad.com)
- Forgiveness: It’s a Process (marykarmstrong.com)
- Was I Molested Even Though My Clothes Never Came Off?Making sense of sexual abuse (psychologytoday.com)
More info: http://traumadissociation.com